…Where children are protected and empowered to soar! ™
Mission: To protect and empower kids to discover their superpower–courage– to prevent sexual abuse as well as bullying and illegal drug use.
Vision: To provide strategic support to children, pre-school to third-grade, and adults through literacy, advocacy and empowerment to prevent sexual abuse before it starts.
Values: Advocacy, courage, education, empowerment, and prevention
To achieve our mission and vision, Kids ’n Capes will:
- Host interactive read alouds (locally and nationally) featuring books in the Feisty Four Children’s Book Series
- Facilitate Courageous Conversations with Kandra™ for kids (10 and up) and adults
- Hear Me Now: A Conqueror's Voice™ – Theatrical production
- Darkness to Light Stewards of Children Sexual Abuse Prevention Training Sessions
- Garner local and nationwide support to build awareness of sexual abuse via public appearances, via web and social media and via the Kids ’n Capes mobile Courage Unit.
- Send “Courage Activate” packages to youth-serving organizations around the nation to share with children three and up
Mission Possible: Buy one. Give one. Initiative in which copies of books in the Feisty Four Children’s Book Series will be donated to Little Free Libraries throughout the region and nation
Become a Champion of Courage: To become a Champion of Courage, you can make an annual donation in the amount of your choice. Proceeds will be used to provide literature and capes to kid-sized superheroes across the nation.